Skip to main content

August Wrap-Up!

And we see ourselves yet another month for my monthly wrap-up. August has been quite a good reading month for two reasons mainly. First, the second edition of Regan’s ‘Shit I Have Too Many Books’Readathon.  And second, my holidays when I was away for two weeks. All that gave me enough time to read a ton of books. Oh, and also during my holidays we went hiking and it didn’t turn out very well. Long story short, I got a knee sprain so these last few days of August I just read, constantly. Blame the “repose time” my doctor has imposed on me… and September is gonna be the same (Funnnnnnnnnnnn…. Not really).

And after the longest intro in my history of wrap-ups here are the books I’ve read this month:


1. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
2. Lola and The Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
3. Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
4. La Princesa Prometida by William Goldman
5. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
6. Looking for Alaska by John Green
7. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
8. Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
9. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
10. It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han
11. We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han


I started August reading Ignite Me (5 stars), Lola and the Boy Next Door (3 stars) and Burn for Burn (3 stars) for the aforementioned Readathon.  Ignite Me was a great conclusion to the Shatter Me trilogy and it is possibly the best outcome in a dystopian series, for me I mean (LOL). Lola and the Boy Next Door was a very lovely read and I loved how Stephanie Perkins dealt with a lot of issues in this one. Finally Burn for Burn was a bit of a surprise because it didn’t start as strong as I thought it would but my my, it picked up pretty quickly and just like that I was hooked.

Then I read La Princesa Prometida (The Princess Bride) and unfortunately this one was a huge disappointment to me. I had high hopes for this one but it didn’t meet my expectations. Real bummer! Certain parts of the story were great but others were just, I don’t know, too weird. I gave it 3 stars. It is not a bad book but it was not my cup of tea.

Then it was time for We Were Liars, a book everyone has been talking about and I’m not gonna say much about it. I did a review of it but honestly? It was one of the hardest reviews I’ve ever done because it was impossible to talk about this book without giving anything away. I ended up giving it 3 stars.

While staying at my parents’ village I manage to read 3 more books: Looking for Alaska, Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour and Where Things Come Back. The first two got 5 stars. I did a review of Looking for Alaska so check it out but I will tell you that I loved it as well as I loved Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour, which was my first road trip book and I just had one problem with it: I wished it was longer (hahaha). Where Things Come Back was good but sometimes the writing style (it was first person but then sometimes the main protagonist spoke about himself in third person) confused me hence my rating of 4 stars.

Last but not least, I read the very much addictive ‘The Summer I Turned Pretty’ trilogy: the summer i turned pretty, it's not summer without you and we'll always have summer. Don’t let the title make you judge this contemporary trilogy because this was good, really good and that coming from me, a person who doesn’t really read much contemporary (only in the summer, sometimes) because I don't particularly enjoy that genre is saying something. The first book was 3 stars, the second 4 stars and the last one, 5 stars.


Phew, that was long. Sorry. I really hope you had an amazing month. I personally am dying for September to get here because it will mean Autumn is getting closer and if you don’t know it yet Autumn and Winter are my favourite seasons. Let me know what have you guys read this month, I would love to know!

Follow me on Goodreads!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Classics: Brontë Series

Maybe you don’t know this about me but I collect different edition of Jane Eyre and when I learnt that Vintage was releasing the new Brontë series I just couldn’t say no. 

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone. "

Reading Diary | February Books | 2018

Feb, 1st - 15:15. Finished the second book in the first volume of the Riyria Revelations and I was pleasantly surprised. I still think the world building is the weakest thing about the story because it's not greatly developed but the story is well-written and entertaining. I'm planning on continuing reading the series because now I'm intrigued enough to want to know how everything will unfold. Feb, 7th - 10:33.  I'm finally prepared to go and see the movie Call Me By Your Name because I just finished reading the novel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a celebration of love and an exploration of sex and identity. It's quite explicit though so if you feel uncomfortable with that keep it in mind if you're planning on reading it. My full review of the book is HERE (I also talk a little bit about the movie).