Skip to main content

Bookish Scenarios Book Tag!


Hi there bookworms! A few weeks ago Veronika Éles over at Reading is Dreaming with Open Eyes (thank you, lovely!) tagged to do the Bookish Scenarios Book Tag and I’m a horrible person because it took me so long and I have a few more tags that I need to do ASAP, so maybe this week would be Tag Week here on my blog. You’ve been warned. But enough of chat, and let’s get on with the questions!



1. You have to get rid of all your books and you can only keep one from each of these genres – contemporary, fantasy, non-fiction and one other genre of your choosing. What books do you keep?

Contemporary: the honors go to Wonder by R. J. Palacio because it is amazing and I think everybody should read this. But A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness could also be an option.

     

Fantasy: I love fantasy, it is indeed my favourite genre and it breaks my heart to choose but I have to go with Harry Potter. Harry Potter wins over everything, even Game of Thrones. Sorry!


Non-fiction: I don’t read non-fiction. I’ve only done it for Uni when I studied Psychology and I don’t have nice memories of that LOL. But I do recall a very interesting article about Disney and the “darkness” around it. You know, sexism, racism and so on. I enjoyed that one; I would probably keep that one only.

The genre of my choosing has to be Historical Fiction because it is alongside Fantasy what I love the most. For this one I’m gonna give you two options as well because I just couldn’t choose. One is The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet. Seriously guys, the book is AWESOME. I know is like humongous but so so good. I remember reading it when the show was announced and I was so hooked that I even read it during my University classes. NO SHAME. The other option has to be The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I don’t think I need to explain any further.

      


2. You’re at the bookstore and you hear a teenager telling their mom they don’t like to read, but their mom insists they pick something. You walk over and recommend a book you think is great for people who aren’t big on reading – what book is it?

Again, I’m gonna go with the obvious choice because I just can’t go with any other book. I would recommend reading Harry Potter because that series can make anybody read. And when I say anybody, I mean it, no matter the age.


3. You’re not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which book do you read to put yourself in a great mood? 

Because picking up again Harry Potter would be a lame answer I’m gonna go with Anna and The French Kiss because Etienne St. Clair makes my heart happy and normally, when I feel a bit blue I love to read fluffy contemporaries. 



4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years. What book would you most likely have caught yourself reading?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You know the answer guys! I’m basically answering almost everything with the same series. And it’s not a lie. Harry Potter was not only my childhood, but also my teens years and my youth and it’s gonna be my adulthood. My kids – if I ever have any - would read Harry Potter. They must!


5. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day trip and you have one hour to pack. Which book do you bring to read on the way?

If we are going by car I wouldn’t take any book. I get car sick when I read. But let’s pretend I don’t so I can answer the question. I would pick up something fast-paced and “light” (not longer than 400 pages. Yep, that’s light for me). Since I want to read Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes because the last book in the trilogy is coming out I would probably pick this one up for the trip.



6. Your house has been robbed! Don’t worry – everyone is safe, but you bookshelf has been raided. What’s the book you really hope is safe?

Seriously? Can I say I wish all of them were safe? Can that be an option? Pretty please? No? Arggggggggggg, okay then. Possibly my copy of The Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm because it is bright purple and has a velvety touch to it and it is just gorgeous.



7. Your friend borrows a book and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) just pretend you haven’t noticed; b) ask them to repurchase it; or c) secretly do the same to something of theirs?

I DO NOT LEND BOOKS. NOT NOW, NOT EVER. Why? Well, because I’m afraid of my books getting damaged. I need my books in pristine condition. And some people treat books so badly it makes me cringe so, to avoid this kind of situations I just simply don't lend my books. Period.



And those are the 7 questions! I don't really know who has done this tag and who hasn't so, if you want to answer them please do it! And if you do, link me your answers because I love to read Tag posts. No kidding. Hope you have an amazing Friday ^^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Classics: Brontë Series

Maybe you don’t know this about me but I collect different edition of Jane Eyre and when I learnt that Vintage was releasing the new Brontë series I just couldn’t say no. 

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone. "

Reading Diary | February Books | 2018

Feb, 1st - 15:15. Finished the second book in the first volume of the Riyria Revelations and I was pleasantly surprised. I still think the world building is the weakest thing about the story because it's not greatly developed but the story is well-written and entertaining. I'm planning on continuing reading the series because now I'm intrigued enough to want to know how everything will unfold. Feb, 7th - 10:33.  I'm finally prepared to go and see the movie Call Me By Your Name because I just finished reading the novel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a celebration of love and an exploration of sex and identity. It's quite explicit though so if you feel uncomfortable with that keep it in mind if you're planning on reading it. My full review of the book is HERE (I also talk a little bit about the movie).