Skip to main content

The Reader Problems Tag!


The lovely Sarah @ Bookish Retreat tagged me a while ago to do The Reader Problems Tag and I thought it could be a good idea to post it today. I still have two more tags to do, all in good time. Let's get on with the questions!



1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I’m pretty sure that if I had 20,000 books on my TBR I would have first, a panic attack and second, a coronary. But if that would be the case, I would use a TBR jar because it’s an amazing method for just that: deciding what to read next.

2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quite or are you committed?
I don’t quit because what if it gets better? I don’t normally DNF books. I’m pretty sure the last book I DNFed was The Host when it came out back in 2008. If I read it and it didn’t improve then the blame is on me but I don’t stop reading a book that easily

3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Okay, if the year is coming to an end and I’m still pretty much behind on my Goodreads challenge I will not force it. I will keep reading at my pace and see what happens. This 2015 I decided to use the Goodreads challenge not as a proper challenge but as a book tracker instead, if that makes any sense.

4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
This kind of things makes me so mad. I’m a bit of an OCD person when it comes to books but it’s true that I can cope better with unmatched books rather than books in horrible conditions. That said if I had enough money (which is not the case) I would probably purchase some to have “matchy” shelves.

5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
There is always someone out there who will share my opinions and so I always go to Goodreads to see what other people rate the book and their opinions.

6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I cry. Period. I’d try to hide it though as much as I could. I’ve cried a few times while reading on the train and luckily I was always wearing sunglasses so YAY for me! The sobbing is another matter entirely LOL

7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?!
It depends but I’ll probably just look up at a spoilery synopsis.

8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. Borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I have absolutely no problems saying NO and it’s what I do when people ask me for books, especially if I know they don’t care for them. I’ll just explain why I’m refusing to let them borrow it and that’s it. 



9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I’ve come to embrace reading slumps instead of fighting them. They happen for a reason and they would eventually leave

10.There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
I’ve learnt to prioritise and only buy those I’m definitely interested in reading. As much as I would love to borrow books from the library, as you know I read in English and the variety of English books in Spanish libraries are not the greatest, more like non-existent and so I tend to buy most books I want to read.



11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
THE ONE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION! It depends. Some I buy and instantly read and others sit on my shelves a bit longer. Should I feel ashamed? Probably. 


Questions answered! And now it's time to tagged people:

- Jillian @ Jillian's Books

But as always, if you want to do the tag, feel free to do it and then link me your posts! I love reading tags ^^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Classics: Brontë Series

Maybe you don’t know this about me but I collect different edition of Jane Eyre and when I learnt that Vintage was releasing the new Brontë series I just couldn’t say no. 

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone. "

Reading Diary | February Books | 2018

Feb, 1st - 15:15. Finished the second book in the first volume of the Riyria Revelations and I was pleasantly surprised. I still think the world building is the weakest thing about the story because it's not greatly developed but the story is well-written and entertaining. I'm planning on continuing reading the series because now I'm intrigued enough to want to know how everything will unfold. Feb, 7th - 10:33.  I'm finally prepared to go and see the movie Call Me By Your Name because I just finished reading the novel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a celebration of love and an exploration of sex and identity. It's quite explicit though so if you feel uncomfortable with that keep it in mind if you're planning on reading it. My full review of the book is HERE (I also talk a little bit about the movie).