Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday # 26 (Books I Will Probably Never Read)

TOP TEN TUESDAY is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

I find the topic a bit harsh because, you know… never say never. It’s true there are millions of books out there that I’ll never read. A lifetime is not enough sometimes. I was gonna upload this straightaway after coming home from my doctor’s appointment but I decided to do a bit of a disclaimer. I’ve been reading tweets about how hateful this week TTT posts are turning out to be. First of all, we need to take into account the reasons why a certain person decides to not read a book. However, we also need to take into account that others can be hurt by our opinions. So, before getting down to business I wanna apologize if you like any of the books I’m gonna talk about. Neither the book nor the author will be bashed. My two main reasons to build up this list are: one, I didn’t like the first book in the series so I won’t be continuing it or two, I lost interest in it.


      

  • Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken. I read The Darkest Minds back in the summer last year and although the ending intrigued me (I was not expecting it at all!), the book did little for me. It didn’t wowed and I was expecting it to. All reviewers, all around both Booktube and Blogosphere, were raving about it and I didn’t get why. I never felt connected to the story because I didn’t really like the writing style so yeah, I won’t be continuing with this series.
  • Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead. I saw this one ages ago at my local bookstore and since I loved The Vampire Academy series I thought this could be good. I will be honest and say I didn’t even try to read a page. I lost interest in it and so it is not gonna happen. They’re millions and millions of books out there I am truly interested in reading.
  • The Rose Society by Marie Lu. The same reasoning as with Never Fade applies. I read The Young Elites in April and for whatever reasons (to be soon explored in my full review) I didn’t enjoy it as much as I thought I would and let me tell you, it saddened me since I loved The Legend series by Lu.
  • Wandering Star by Romina Russell. Can’t you feel a theme with this list? Zodiac was one big disappointment this year. I was so ready to love it and it never happened so I’m afraid I’m saying goodbye to this series as well. The cover looks so gorgeous though.

          

  • The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. Okay, I will try and write down my reasons for this choice without being too hateful. You’ll understand in a minute. The Mists of Avalon is probably one of the most famous books regarding Arthurian retellings. I was so ready for it. I loved the movie when I was younger (it was always on TV) but I recently read some news that made me just throw this book in the bin, metaphorically speaking (even though I could have actually done it….). In 2014 she and her husband were accused of sexual abuse by her daughter, who was molested from the age of 3 to 12. I think I’ve said enough. It’s true also her publisher now donates every income from her e-book sales to Save the Children but still, I don’t think I will ever be able to pick up one of her books knowing this.
  • Brisingr by Christopher Paolini. I read Eragon and Eldest when I was 13 and 14 respectively and I had to wait ages for Brisingr to come out. When it did I didn’t remember much at all about the story and I didn’t feel like re-reading the first two books. I know the ending to the saga though and I’m glad I didn’t continue on because I was not happy with the outcome.
  • The Dark Artifices & The Last Hours by Cassandra Clare. I loved TMI and TID but I’ve had enough. Clare is, in my opinion, simply milking the cow with these two new series and I’m sorry but I won’t read anymore shadowhunters’ adventures. I’m happy with what I got and it’s time to move on. The last thing I will read though are the bind-ups of Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy because it features my favourite character from the TMI series and are short stories. But that’s it.

          

  • Destined for Doon by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon. Another super hyped up book thanks to BookTube that is, as of right now, the worst book I’ve read this year. I think it was too much YA-ish for me and it irritated me to no end. Seriously, I don’t even know why I didn’t DNF it. I should have done it and saved up my time.
  • The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. The film is coming out sometime in the future and I think I will watch it but I’ve lost all interest in the book and the trilogy as a whole. This is probably the only one from this list that I could give it another chance. I’ve heard amazing things about it, not so much about the sequel but we’re not talking about The Infinite Sea here. So there is hope.


Those are my ten picks! What books are you sure you aren’t gonna be reading in the future?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Classics: Brontë Series

Maybe you don’t know this about me but I collect different edition of Jane Eyre and when I learnt that Vintage was releasing the new Brontë series I just couldn’t say no. 

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone. "

Reading Diary | February Books | 2018

Feb, 1st - 15:15. Finished the second book in the first volume of the Riyria Revelations and I was pleasantly surprised. I still think the world building is the weakest thing about the story because it's not greatly developed but the story is well-written and entertaining. I'm planning on continuing reading the series because now I'm intrigued enough to want to know how everything will unfold. Feb, 7th - 10:33.  I'm finally prepared to go and see the movie Call Me By Your Name because I just finished reading the novel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a celebration of love and an exploration of sex and identity. It's quite explicit though so if you feel uncomfortable with that keep it in mind if you're planning on reading it. My full review of the book is HERE (I also talk a little bit about the movie).